Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Less Is Best? This Time, Yes.

Gray. 
Um...Ok.

White.
Sure...I guess.

Coral.
Absolutely!



These colors together create a visually soft experience on this dresser. I am not usually a "gray" or "white" kind of painter, I know. I actually sat down to paint this dresser and chose a blue. But, then I sat there staring at the details of this piece. Aren't they amazing? 



I jumped up and grabbed my favorite gray, Steamer Trunk from Vintiques. I told myself, "less is best" - with this piece, "yes".



I distressed it heavily and really let the wood grain show through.  The coral is a perfect compliment to the gray and the white softens the entire finish perfectly. 

I know this post is short, and sweet and simple but I think I'll keep in theme, "Less is Best". I sold this dresser from just the little sneak peek clip on Facebook and Instagram so I decided to do another, very similar.  You can expect to see that one this week, as well.

I hope you all have a wonderful day!

~~Dionne

6 comments:

  1. Annie,The Passionate Painted LadyOctober 12, 2016 at 6:15 PM

    Love your painting,this is stunning,love the color mixtures,you inspire me,love your out of the box colors,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking I may attempt on a secretary desk in my great room. It sits beneath a rich ocean scape. Do you mind me asking what coral? Love your work and style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Susan! This coral is Quite Coral from Heirloom Traditions.

      Delete